Confirmed COVID cases in the Porcupine Health Unit stand at 642 as of Sunday, with four added Saturday and 11 on Sunday.
The Porcupine Health Unit is accepting bookings for vaccine clinics for individuals who are 50 years and older. Clinics will be using Moderna. The next clinic in Cochrane will be held at the Tim Hortons Event Centre Saturday, May 8.
Last Friday, the PHU announced that individuals who are included in the first group of essential workers who cannot work from home could book in the upcoming clinics scheduled across the region.
The first group of essential workers who cannot work from home include:
• Elementary/ secondary school workers (e.g. teachers, janitors, school bus drivers, administrative staff);
• Workers responding to critical events (e.g. children’s aid society workers, emergency management, police, fire, special constables);
• Enforcement, inspection and compliance roles (e.g. by-law enforcement, building inspectors, food inspectors, animal welfare inspectors, labour inspectors);
• Individuals working in childcare as follows:
All licensees, employees and students on an educational placement who interact directly with children in licensed childcare centres and in authorized recreation and skill building programs.
Licensed home child care and in-home service providers, employees of a home child care agency and students on an educational placement.
• Foster care agency workers;
• Food manufacturing and distribution workers;
• Agriculture and farm workers;
• Funeral, crematorium and cemetery workers
Eligible individuals are asked to present to the clinic with proof of employment (workplace ID/Badge, pay stub, professional identification number, statement of professional insurance or letter of employment/letter from employer).
Appointments are required. Walk ins will not be accepted. Individuals who are eligible can book an appointment online at phu.fyi/covid-vaccine or call the health unit at 1-800-461-1818. Please ensure you are booking your appointment in your community.